Baseball Rules Changes - 2015
· 1-5-1: Clarified the compliant type of surface for batting helmets and reaffirmed that batting helmets shall meet the NOCSAE standard.
· 2-16-1f, g: Clarified additional examples of a foul ball.
· 2-21-4, 5: Clarified the distinction between follow-through interference and backswing interference.
· 3-3-1f: Deleted the restriction of using video monitoring and replay equipment.
· 3-3-1 PEN: Deleted the accompanying penalty.
· 5-1-1n: Clarified that backswing interference is an immediate dead ball.
· 7-3-5c: Clarified the rules for follow-through interference by the batter.
· 7-3-7: Clarified the rules for backswing interference by the batter.
· 7-3-7 PEN: Added the appropriate penalty for backswing interference.
· Courtesy Runner: Clarified how a courtesy runner is used in a specific scenario.
Points of Emphasis
Click on the attachment below to download