TASO’s FIRST PUBLIC FOOTBALL OFFICIATING CLASS
The Football Division of the Texas Association is partnering with McKinney ISD to offer our first officiating class for the General Public.
This class will be conducted in six weekly 2‑hour classes that will introduce you to the basic NCAA Football rules and the mechanics of officiating. The classroom classes will meet at 6:00 PM on Wednesdays starting April 6. The sixth session will actually place you alongside an experienced official during an actual McKinney North high school scrimmage.
The cost of the class is $40 and will include:
- Five classroom sessions lead by experienced high school officials
- One On‑Field session where you will be paired with an experienced official during a North McKinney scrimmage
- TASO Football Application Fee which includes:
- First year dues of TASO Football membership
- A NCAA Football Rule Book
- Accidental Injury insurance
- General Liability Insurance
This class will be a kick‑start for you to join a TASO Football Local Chapter as you begin your officiating career.
Please send any questions to email@example.com .